About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two great and very different little girls and a wife of a great man. We try to live our lives to glorify God. Hendersonville, TN (just north of Nashville)is where we call home. John and I both love SEC football...just two different teams. Baseball is my favorite, especially the St. Louis Cardinals. We both cherish those close to us and strive to love God to our best ability daily.

9.12.2007

Glenn Weekley

My pastor from my home town church, First Baptist Hendersonville, past away yesterday morning. It is amazing the impact this man has had on SO MANY lives!! Our church is what you might call a "mega" church, but honestly I have never thought of it that way. Brother Glenn was so wonderful at making everyone feel welcome and comfortable in that church. I can only imagine the welcome he received in Heaven.

There is so much that he has done for the church family and my family. He baptized both me and my dad. It is hard to imagine that he won't be the one preaching next time I go home.

His death has been mentioned in Nashville newspapers and on the news. Here is a clip from a local broadcast http://www.wsmv.com/video/14093966/index.html.

No comments: