About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two great and very different little girls and a wife of a great man. We try to live our lives to glorify God. Hendersonville, TN (just north of Nashville)is where we call home. John and I both love SEC football...just two different teams. Baseball is my favorite, especially the St. Louis Cardinals. We both cherish those close to us and strive to love God to our best ability daily.

3.05.2011

SUYL - Your family



This week over on Kelly's Korner the Show Us Your Life is all about family. Of course you all hear enough about John, Kelsey and I, but this time it is about those you grew up in the same house with. So....

There is my Daddy, Kelly. It is my Daddy and always will be. The more that I grow up the more I realize how wonderful my dad is. One of the best memories with my dad is on my wedding day. I remember the moments just before walking down the aisle, giving my dad a kiss and telling him that I love him. And dancing with him at the reception...Dad doesn't dance too much, so to me it was a big deal. He even picked out the song for us to dance to. :-) Dad and I share our impatience and stubbornness. I love him so much and will truly always be his little girl.

Then, my mom and my best friend. There is so much that I wouldn't be able to do without her. She is one of the nicest, most caring and loving people you will ever meet. She would do anything for anyone and always be happy about it. Her love for her friend and family is always apparent. I love that we both call each other when we need someone to talk to. I also love that I got my "craftiness" from her. I just wish I had more time to do it. Mom, you will always mean so much to me!

Last, my brother, Matthew (or Matt or PeeWee). That is right...when he was a freshman in high school I was a senior and he played varsity baseball. One of his first at bats I yelled "Let's Go PeeWee" and it stuck. He was a little guy compared to those upper-classmen. Not the case so much anymore! Anyway, Matthew is an athlete that is for sure...baseball (his first love), golf and hockey. He also shared Dad and my impatience, but even more so! He just got married this past year to Jenn, a wonderful sis-in-law. Matthew and I have always been pretty close and continue to be. I wouldn't trade sharing our 1 year in high school together for anything. It was great to have him around with my friends and spend time with him. Love you Bubba!

So that is them, and they are the best family a girl could ask for. They mean the world to me. I wish that we could be together more (they are all in the Nashville area), but we still manage to see each other often.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: